AeroPress Coffee Brew Guide
You will need:
AeroPress Kit (to include: filters, funnel, stir tool)
- Coffee cup
- Bonfire Coffee
What to do:
- Bring water to a boil and weigh out 15 to 20 grams of coffee depending on your desired strength and grind to the consistency of table salt.
- Place a filter in the filter cap and carefully pre-wet the filter with hot water.
- Insert the plunger into the reservoir while dry to a point at the top of the circle with a 4 in it.
- Place the AeroPress in this inverted configuration (numbers should appear upside down) on the scale and add the ground coffee.
- Start the timer and add double the amount of water that you used for your coffee (18 grams coffee would add 36 grams water), and making sure the coffee is saturated, let stand for 30 seconds.
- Fill the remainder of the chamber with hot water and let stand until a minute has passed, then stir several times with the stir tool.
- Fasten the filter cap with wetted filter to the chamber and while holding the plunger in place, flip the unit onto your brewing vessel and apply steady pressure to the plunger so as to push a column of air between the plunger and coffee. Press until you hear a hiss from the press letting you know you are done.