Chemex Coffee Brew Guide
You will need:
- Chemex carafe
- Chemex filters
- Bonfire Coffee
What to do:
- Weigh out 50 grams of coffee and grind to a consistency just slightly more coarse than sea salt.
- Wet the filter and preheat the carafe with boiling water. Pour off the water through the pour spout keeping wetted filter in place.
- Add ground coffee to the filter and level it with a gentle tap on funnel glass.
- Start the timer and begin the first of four pours. Add 100 grams of water slowly pouring outward from the center being careful not to pour down the sides of the filter. Allow the coffee to bloom with this pour for 45 to 60 seconds.
- Add 200 grams of water once again pouring slowly in circular motions from the center outward, then back to center.
- As the level of the water comes close to that of the grounds, add another 200 grams of water in the same fashion as the previous pour bringing the total water poured to 500 grams.
- Add a final 200 grams of water and allow to drain completely. This will be a total of 700 grams of water and the process should have taken a total elapsed time of 3.5 to 4.5 minutes. If less than this, your grind was too coarse, if more, the grind too fine.