French Press Coffee Brew Guide - Bonfire Coffee, Carbondale, CO
You will need:
- French Press
- Spoon or paddle to stir
- Bonfire Coffee
What to do:
- Decide how much coffee you want to use based on a 1:12 coffee-to-water ratio.
- Grind the desired amount of coffee at a coarse setting, and add it to the French Press.
- Start the timer and add double the amount of water that you used for coffee by weight.
- Stir the coffee and allow to bloom for 30 seconds.
- Add the remainder of the water. Place the lid on the press, but do not plunge yet.
- At 4 minutes elapsed time, remove press from scale and gently and evenly depress the plunger. Your grind is too coarse if the plunger easily goes to the bottom, too fine if you are unable to press the coffee.
- Serve immediately! Do not allow to sit and over extract.