Hario V60 Pour Over Coffee Brew Guide
You will need:
- Hario V60 dripper
- Hario V60 filters
- Coffee cup
- Bonfire Coffee
What to do:
- Bring water to a boil. Wet filter and pre-heat cup with hot water.
- Weigh out 24 grams of coffee and grind to a consistency just a little finer than sea salt.
- Dump out hot water and place cup and Hario brewer on scale.
- Put ground coffee into pre-wet filter and tap gently to level the surface.
- Tare (zero) scale.
- Start timer and pre-wet grounds with 50 grams of water and allow to “bloom” for an additional 30 to 45 seconds.
- Add 100 grams of water making sure to sink all the grounds, bringing the elapsed time to 60 seconds.
- When the level of the pour drops almost to that of the grounds, add another 100 grams of water bringing the total to 250 grams and 1 minute 20 seconds elapsed time.
- Again, when the level of the pour drops almost to that of the grounds, add a final 100 grams of water bringing the total to 350 grams in just under 2 minutes elapsed time.